WP Job Manager Customization
UI / UX Development
Client Background & Requirements
- Our client provides event staffing solutions to event organizers/participators for different types of events like conference events, hospitality events, mall promotions, etc
- The website to be developed was targeted for two kinds of audiences: People who want to work for events .i.e Job Seekers and people who need staff for their events. i.e. Clients.
- For the Job Seekers, our clients wanted to have a functionality by which they can post the latest event jobs on the website and can shortlist candidates for the events.
- For the clients, they wanted us to create a page that will have a staff cost calculator, a dress code (of staff) gallery, and a contact form.
How did we provide a solution?
To begin with, we chose & customized the WP Job Manager plugin as it addressed most of the client’s job functionality needs and we customized the ‘Salient” theme for this project.
Job Widget & Individual Job Listings
- As we chose the WP Job Manager plugin, we first created sample listings for the project.
- The client wanted some fields which were not present in the WP Job Manager plugin by default, so we added custom fields in the plugin which were Event Code, Event Pay, Event Date & Event Status.
- Once we created custom fields, we customized WP Job Manager’s individual job listing template & Salient theme page template such that the custom fields values are boldly visible & responsive.
- The custom fields values can be added from the back-end for each job listing.
Screenshot : Custom Fields in WP Job Manager plugin
- The client wanted to have a calculator on the website which can show a potential customer a rough estimate of the cost for staffing solutions.
- The calculator had two main sections – Male & Female and had various parameters like Hours per Day, Communication Skills, Dress Code, Availability of Smartphones, No of Males, No of Females, No of Days, etc, depending on which the total cost will be calculated and shown to the potential customer.
Screenshot : Cost Calculator
- The client had requested that all the job applications have to be applied for using Whatsapp.
- We used WhatsApp Chat WP Plugin to create ‘Apply using Whatsapp’ buttons.
- We customized this plugin such that it sends the Event Code & some event-related info (which is unique for each event) as a text in WhatsApp message when a job seeker clicks on the ‘Apply using Whatsapp’ button. This helped our client to uniquely identify the job, the job seeker is applying for.
- Also, we added this WhatsApp button in the Job Listing Template.
Screenshot: Share on Whatsapp
What our clients have to say about us
“Woah I took almost a year to find out the right company to design my website, it was very complicated to develop as it had to be totally customized. I came across many agencies but the confidence and commitment Ankit & his team showed up was amazing and they did give their 100 percent and completed the project on deadline and giving us a great service as well. Totally recommended!”Daskhina SawantFounder, ITZ-Showtime