Client Background & Requirements
- Our client Lynx has developed a SAAS product that is a Home Automation Platform. It is featured in the Top 10 Startups of Chicago, USA.
- The website to be developed was targeted for two kinds of audiences: Property Managers and Vacation Rentals.
- The product helps owners remotely operate doors, entrances, elevators, intercoms, garage doors & swimming pools.
- Lynx integrates over 200+ smart devices of more than 35+ brands.
- The client wanted us to develop a website that showcases it as a single platform for all home automation needs.
How did we provide solution?
We worked on the project as follows:
Verify Compatibility Form Functionality – Custom Plugin Development
- The client asked us to develop a custom functionality where people can check if their device is compatible or not by providing their device model number.
- We developed a custom plugin that will display a form and will have fields like Name, Company Name, Email & Device Name.
- We created a Device Custom Post type(CPT) that has fields like the brand, device type, featured image & brand logo image. We created a Device Custom Post Type(CPT) that has fields like the brand, device type, featured image & brand logo image.
- The Device Name text field which will have autocomplete functionality. When the user types, an AJAX request is sent, and matching device entries are fetched from the database & displayed here.
- Once the user inputs these and clicks on submit, the user is shown the results. If the device exists in the database, the user will be shown the result as: “Yes, We are Compatible” message with a Thumbs Up Icon, Device Image & Brand Image else a Thumbs Down image with a message ” Sorry, We aren’t compatible Yet”. Every time a result is displayed an AJAX request is sent such that each entry is captured and inserted into the database.
- We created session variables such that the inputs made by the user for Name & company will remain auto-filled for the ongoing session.
- To be able to export all form entries from the dashboard, we created an options page in the WordPress back-end from where the user can select a date range, and corresponding entries in that date range are exported in CSV format.
Screenshot : Compatibility Form Functionality
Theme Customizations & other Web Pages
- In the Home page, we created a hero section that will have a featured video, tag line & short description of the product.
- We created a section that showcases Smart Device Categories that Lynx supports like Doors, Elevators, Entrances, Pools, etc.
- A section that showcases the brands they support in a carousel format.
- This is followed by a contact form section.
- In Features Page, we added sections that depict the various features of the product.
- We split individual sections into one or more columns such that the feature can be explained with text and supporting content like an image, GIF, or video.
What our clients have to say about us
“SaffireTech has a very energetic and passionate team to work with. They stayed on schedule and delivered the promised finished product. I had a wonderful experience working with them and would gladly recommend them to others who need expert custom coding solutions done right and on time.”Resha ShroffCEO, Lynx