Client Background & Requirements
- Our client based in San Francisco runs a real estate empire by renting his properties in Airbnb and similar platforms.
- The Client would list his properties on Airbnb to get guests (customers) for his apartments and villas.
- Our client had to do a manual arrangement of keys for these apartments every time a guest arrived at any of his properties.
How did we provide solution?
So we suggested developing a solution that gives guests automatic access to their booked apartments on arrival so that manual arrangement of keys is not required at all.
- At the time, when the project was planned it was decided to develop a custom plugin that will use AirBnB API to fetch apartment booking details.
- However, in next few days, AirBnB shut down its API abruptly for security reasons and then we had to do a workaround where booking details will be obtained from client’s Gmail account using Gmail API.
- Our Gmail API integration provided all the booking details from the client’s account like Booking date, Apartment Name, Check In Date-time and checkout date-time.
Lockitron API Integration
- Lockitron API allows granting access to guests to Lockitron smart locks of the apartments they have booked.
- Once the booking details are fetched, a Lockitron access is granted to the guest for the specified date-time as per the booking details.
- In case if a guest cancels the booking, a revoke operation is performed to remove the access granted to the guest.
- We developed a functionality where all the booking and access activities are tracked.
- Activities like granted access, revoked access, apartment check-in, apartment checkout make it to the feed so the administrator can make a note of it