Custom WordPress Plugin Development - Google Heatmap API Integration
We developed a custom WordPress plugin that accepts input from a customer using a form and based on the collected inputs generates a heatmap in the back-end using Google's Heatmap API.
Client Background & Requirements
- Our client was a Horticultural Products Marketing firm based in New Zealand.
- The client had certain stores throughout multiple cities across New Zealand.
- As it is obvious, stores cannot be opened in every locality, so the client wanted a page where the user can request for such convenience stores in their locality.
How did we provide solution?
We worked on the project as follows:
- We developed a custom plugin that will allow the customer to select a location from a list of locations.
- Once a customer selects a location, this info is stored in a database on AJAX request.
- Based on the location chosen, the count will be incremented for the selected location.
- We integrated Google Heatmap API in such a way that this dataset with location count is given to API as input.
- Then an API call is made & its response is a Heatmap which is rendered on the page.