WooCommerce, a popular eCommerce platform, offers a plethora of plugins to enhance your online store’s functionality. Among these, the Catalog Mode plugins stand out for their unique ability to transform your eCommerce store into a simple product catalog.
These plugins allow you to disable the shopping features of your store, either temporarily or permanently, making them ideal for businesses that also wish to showcase their products without immediate selling.
This article introduces the 6 best WooCommerce Catalog Mode plugins that can significantly elevate your website’s user experience. Read on to explore these six plugins and understand how they can add value to your WooCommerce website.
1. YITH WooCommerce Catalog Mode
The YITH WooCommerce Catalogue Mode plugin is an efficient tool that can convert your WooCommerce store into a catalog by concealing or disabling its e-commerce features. You can use this plugin to display your products or services without allowing purchases, or to limit the sales to a specific group of users or countries. It also provides several customization options, such as buttons, labels, inquiry forms, and promotional messages. The YITH WooCommerce Catalog Mode plugin is straightforward to set up, and it works well with other plugins. Additionally, it is adaptable to suit your requirements.
The best features of YITH WooCommerce Catalog mode are:
- Hide/show cart buttons– You can remove or display the prices and the add-to-cart buttons on the product pages and other pages.
- Custom labels– It allows you to make and show custom buttons or labels instead of the prices and the add-to-cart buttons.
- Inquiry Form– It allows you to activate an inquiry form on the product pages to let your customers reach out to you for more details or a price estimate.
- User Rules– You can apply the catalog mode for specific users such as ‘Only guest users’ or ‘All users’.
- YITH WooCommerce Catalog mode is easy to use and configure, with just a few clicks you can enable or disable the catalog mode for your whole store or specific products or categories.
- It is compatible with other WooCommerce plugins, such as YITH WooCommerce Request A Quote, YITH WooCommerce Quick View, and YITH WooCommerce Badge Management.
- It offers more features and customization options, such as creating unlimited buttons or labels, enabling an inquiry form, hiding prices or reviews, and applying catalog mode to specific users or countries. For advanced customizations, you can reach out to our WooCommerce plugin developers.
- Some users may find the catalog mode confusing or frustrating, as they cannot see the prices or purchase the products directly from the website. They may need more information or guidance on how to contact you or request a quote.
- The catalog mode may affect your sales or conversions, as you lose the opportunity to capture impulse buyers or customers who prefer a quick and easy checkout process.
Pricing– The YITH WooCommerce Catalog mode is priced at $79.99.
2. ELEX WooCommerce Catalog Mode, Wholesale & Role-Based Pricing
ELEX WooCommerce Catalog Mode, Wholesale & Role-Based Pricing lets you customize your WooCommerce store according to your business needs. You can use this plugin to enable catalog mode to hide prices and add-to-cart buttons, and display custom buttons or inquiry forms.
With this plugin, you can set wholesale prices and discounts for bulk orders and specific user roles. It also lets you create role-based pricing rules to offer different prices for different user groups, such as guests, customers, or members.
The best features of ELEX WooCommerce Catalog Mode, Wholesale & Role-Based Pricing are-
- Wholesale Pricing– You can set wholesale prices and discounts for bulk orders and specific user roles.
- Pricing Rules– You can set up pricing rules based on user roles, such as guests, customers, or members.
- Hide Order Button– You can hide or customize the place order button and payment methods on the checkout page.
- Pricing and Discount– Offers customized pricing and discounts for your WooCommerce product categories to attract more customers and boost sales.
- ELEX WooCommerce Catalog Mode, Wholesale & Role-Based Pricing supports simple, variable, and grouped products.
- It allows you to create and remove custom WordPress user roles.
- It is compatible with WordPress Multilingual (WPML).
- It can be a little confusing to set up because it has many features and options.
- It may not work well with some other plugins or themes.
Pricing– ELEX WooCommerce Catalog Mode, Wholesale & Role-Based Pricing is a premium plugin costing $79.
Related Blogs from SaffireTech
3. WooCommerce Product Catalog Mode & Enquiry Form
WooCommerce Product Catalog Mode & Enquiry Form is a plugin that allows you to transform your WooCommerce store into a catalog mode. With this plugin, you can hide the prices and add to cart buttons for your products, and display an enquiry form instead. This way, you can showcase your products without selling them online, and let your customers contact you for more information or custom quotes. WooCommerce Product Catalog Mode & Enquiry Form is easy to use, flexible, and compatible with most WooCommerce themes and plugins.
The notable features of WooCommerce Product Catalog Mode & Enquiry Form are:
- Selectable Catalog– You can enable catalog mode for your entire WooCommerce store or for specific products or categories.
- Hide Pricing and User Cart– You can hide the prices and add to cart buttons of your products and replace them with an inquiry button that opens a custom form.
- Customizability– You can manage the visibility and position of the inquiry button and the form fields according to your needs. To create a customized form, we recommend you hire a professional WooCommerce developer.
- Include/Exclude Products– As an Admin, you get to include and exclude product categories or single products for the customers.
- This plugin lets you showcase your products without the pressure of making a sale, and encourage users to make enquiries and ask questions about your products.
- You can place the enquiry and quote request buttons anywhere using shortcode, and integrate them with your preferred page builder.
- You can enable inquiries for bulk or high-value orders using the enquiry cart, and monitor all inquiries via an inquiry cart.
- You may need to spend more time and resources to handle the inquiries and quotations.
- You may face some compatibility issues with other plugins or themes that modify the WooCommerce product page or shop page.
Pricing– This is a premium plugin worth $49.
4. WooCommerce Catalog Mode
WooCommerce Catalog Mode allows you to turn your WooCommerce store into a catalog mode, by hiding or customizing the prices, add to cart buttons, cart, and checkout pages of your products. This way, you can showcase your products without selling them online, and let your customers contact you for more information, quotes, or orders.
WooCommerce Catalog Mode is suitable for businesses that prefer to sell in person, offer custom or wholesale products, or want to temporarily disable online sales. WooCommerce Catalog Mode can be enabled for your entire store or for specific products, categories, or user roles.
The notable features of Woocommerce Catalog Mode are:
- Custom Buttons– You can replace the Add to Cart button with custom buttons. In case you need a custom field to be put on your site’s page, seeking assistance from a WooCommerce developer is preferable.
- Hide the Cart button– By hiding the Cart button, you can encourage your customers sign up to use the cart button.
- Customization– You can customize the color of the buttons to match your site’s theme.
- Choose Catalog– You can choose to restrict the catalog mode for registered and unregistered users.
- Woocommerce Catalog Mode gives you an SEO Boost. Each product listed in catalog mode becomes a separate page with relevant keywords and descriptions, which can enhance your website’s search engine optimization.
- It also provides you with your store’s analytics. You can learn which product pages are most popular and use this data for future product development.
- Since products are displayed as images without additional information. Some users may find this counterproductive if they prefer detailed product descriptions.
- Also, if purchases are disabled, you won’t directly generate revenue through online orders.
Pricing– WooCommerce Catalog Mode is priced at $11.
5. Catalog Visibility for WooCommerce
Catalog Visibility for WooCommerce is a plugin that allows you to create custom catalogs and display only the products that are relevant to your customers. You can set up rules to show or hide products based on various criteria, such as user roles, geo-location, price tiers, or individual customers. This way, you can deliver a personalized shopping experience to your B2B buyers and increase your conversions. Catalog Visibility for WooCommerce also lets you hide prices and add to cart buttons for non-logged-in users, prompting them to sign in and enjoy the benefits of your tailored catalogs.
The best features of Catalog Visibility for WooCommerce are:
- Catalog Criteria– You can create custom catalogs and display only the products that are relevant to your customers based on various criteria, such as user roles, geo-location, price tiers, or individual customers.
- Hide Pricing and add to cart button– You can hide prices and add to cart buttons for non-logged-in users, prompting them to sign in and enjoy the benefits of your tailored catalogs.
- Display Custom Text– This plugin lets you display alternate content on the single product details page when prices or purchases are disabled or enabled only for logged-in users.
- Catalog Visibility– You can adjust your catalog visibility in several ways, such as showing wholesale products to wholesale customers only, restricting certain products to specific wholesale roles, displaying specific product variations to wholesale customers only, or hiding an entire page or order form from certain customers.
- Selling exclusively to registered users by restricting eCommerce functionality to members-only.
- You get a 30-day money-back guarantee, which means you can try all the tweaks you want before making sure to go with this plugin.
- Risk of Misconfiguration: Changing visibility settings should be done carefully. Incorrect settings may result in products not being visible on your site, leading to lost sales and frustrated customers. It’s essential to double-check visibility settings for each product before publishing it.
- It’s a premium plugin requiring a yearly subscription.
Pricing– Catalog Visibility for WooCommerce costs $79.
6. Product Catalog Mode For WooCommerce
Product Catalog Mode For WooCommerce allows you to transform your WooCommerce online store into an interactive product catalog. With this plugin, you can hide the “Add to Cart” and “Price” options, and instead collect customer inquiries via email using custom forms. You can also customize the look and feel of your catalog, and manage different types of customers and products. To completely customize the plugin according to your site’s needs reach out to a WooCommerce Expert to ease it for you.
The top features of Product Catalog Mode For WooCommerce are:
- Quick Switch– You can easily switch Catalog mode on/off in a snap.
- Hide Add to Cart– You can hide the Add to Cart button or enable simultaneous use of both “Add to Cart” and “Send Enquiry”.
- Out of Stock Product Enquiry– When you activate catalog mode for out-of-stock products, it gives you access to inquiries and also lets you track customer interest effortlessly.
- Inquiry Form– You can collect customer inquiries for each product effortlessly via email using dedicated custom inquiry forms.
- You can showcase your products without allowing purchases, which can be useful for various reasons such as building buzz around your brand, boosting your SEO, providing information for wholesale buyers, or selling custom items that require quotes.
- You can customize your catalog mode with various options such as hiding prices, redirecting product pages, enabling inquiry forms, adding product labels, and more.
- You may lose some potential customers who prefer to buy online rather than contacting you.
- You may need to purchase the PRO version of the plugin to access some of the advanced features such as simultaneous use of both “Add to Cart” and “Send Enquiry”, customizing your inquiry form, emails, and quotations with your company logo attachment, and enabling inquiries for bulk or high-value orders using the Enquiry Cart.
Pricing– Product Catalog Mode for WooCommerce is a free plugin.
In conclusion, the six best WooCommerce Catalog Mode plugins significantly enhance your website’s functionality. They provide a streamlined shopping experience, allowing you to disable eCommerce features temporarily or permanently. These plugins offer customization, flexibility, and control over product visibility and pricing. Whether you’re running a seasonal store, testing new products, or catering to specific customer groups, these plugins are invaluable tools for your WooCommerce website. If you have any queries regarding the plugins or are confused about which plugins to choose for your site, feel free to contact us!